12/12/2008

Reaching a new milestone

Many of you who knew me growing up knew I was very overweight. My weight at one point was almost 250 pounds. When I turned 20, I finally got my act together and decided to do something about it. So I lost weight the good old fashion way. Lots of working out and sweating and a totally makeover on my diet. I lost about 70 pounds in about 6 months. After that I kind of came to a screeching halt on weight loss. No matter what I did, I couldn't lose any weight. About 3 months ago, Geoff and I decided to try the "Body for life" diet which is basically just small meals throughout the day that are ultra healthy, 6 workouts a week and taking a day off to eat whatever you want and give your body a rest from exercise. And its working!! I have lost about 23 pounds and down to 160 lbs. It feels awesome. I am still not where I want to be, but its a start! And tonight, I ran 8 miles without any trouble. If you had told me 5 years ago that I could run 8 miles no problem, I would have laughed at you. It feels pretty darn wonderful to be able to reach this new milestone.

Buddah said it best : It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or demons, heaven or hell

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

congrats! losing weight is such an accomplishment. i really struggled after having my first baby to lose it all, but after my second, i lost it all, plus another 10 lbs below what i was on my wedding day! it's possible and i'm so happy for you to be reaching your goal!

Kellee said...

Nice work Cami! I don't think I could even run 1 mile and you ran 8! Congrats, you're awesome and I hope to have more of your determination and self-discipline!

Mindy said...

Eight miles! You're a machine, woman! And I have always thought you looked FANTASTIC. P.s. I adore this Christmas layout!!! And a second p.s. I am praying for your sister. Love ya lots!

Randi said...

Cami, That's awesome. You are inspiring me. Also, I love the Buddah quote. I can't wait to see you over Christmas break!

The Huffs said...

That is so awesome!! You look fabulous! We should run a 10k or half marathon together.

Sarah said...

way to go cami! i'm glad that you are doing so well with taking care of your body. doesn't it feel good? it's also great that you are seeing and FEELING the results. awesome!

Jancisco said...

You seriously rock.

Alicia said...

Seriously, you look amazing! I think what you have done is so awesome. Working out regularly is definately so great!

Than & Lina said...

Impressive! I admire you for all of that - I don't know if I've ever ran 8 miles.