12/30/2008

2009: The year of unstoppable me

I am a HUGE goal person, so, of course, New Years is an excellent opportunity for me to write resolutions. My friend was telling me about a lesson she taught on S.M.A.R.T goals

S: Specific
M: Measurable
A: Attainable
R: Realistic
T: Timely

It got me thinking about my goals and posting them in public forum. A goal is only a wish if it isn't written down and I thought I might take it a step further by sharing my goals with everyone (I could use all the motivation possible, even if it is harassment by my friends).

PHYSICAL
-run a marathon (either the Ogden or St. George)
-climb a mountain 5 times this summer
-weigh my ideal weight +/- 5 lbs by 6/1/09

MENTAL
-learn 3 new words a week
-Get a 4.0 each semester
-Read a book a month (other than school books)

EMOTIONAL
-Never criticize my appearance (something I really need to work on)
-Say "I love you" every day to Geoff (this will be EASY!)
-Write in my journal each week

SPIRITUAL
-Read the Book of Mormon by 6/1/09
-Pray 2x a day
-Read scriptures daily (no exceptions)
-Go to the temple twice a month

Maybe I'm being a bit ambitions, but I'd rather reach for the stars and land in the trees than reach for the trees and land in the mud.

5 comments:

Kari said...

I think you are great Cami!! What an inspiration to me!! Love your goals and you make me want to be a better goal maker too!!

Jan said...

I think you should go for the Logan marathon--its all downhill and its in September, so you can be totally ready for it.

St. George is too, though.

Good luck with your goals! You will do great!

Shaun and Kelli said...

Those are awesome goals. I really like the quote about the trees you put at the end, it's so true. I really need to make some goals and actually write them down this year. Good luck!

Kristin said...

I Love your goals! Helps me with mine, except the marathon and mountain part! I have been better about the journal thing lately, not quite every week, but close, ever since someone recommended a thank you journal to me. I loved the idea, it helped me get started on what to write each time I would pick it up. I try to think of five things I am grateful for, anything from quiet house after bedtime, to Lucky Charms, to special people or blessings in my life. It usually turns into a longer entry than I plan. But sometimes it is short and sweet. Today I am thankful for you for leaving such nice little comments on my blog. I look forward to them! No pressure! :)

Alicia said...

lol, nice comment there at the end. I think these are great goals, and definately attainable, if only because you have made it known to the world! We'll be watching! lol, jk. Sorry, it's late.