12/10/2008

A Christmas Miracle

A couple of weeks ago, Geoff asked me what I wanted for Christmas... after listing a few of the materialistic things I wanted, I really pondered on what would make me truly happy this Christmas and immediately I knew what it would be. I wanted to hear from my little sister. Becky and I have had a strained relationship for quite sometime now. She has had some very tragic things happen to her in her life. We live different lifestyles and its put a damper on the close bond we used to have. She hadn't spoken to me for six months. I had tried calling and texting almost daily and got no response. It has weighed very heavy on my heart. It has been the focus of my prayers. Anyone who has known me, knows that my sister is my favorite girl in the whole world.

Well, the other night, a Christmas miracle happened. After over six months of no contact, my sister finally texted me back and said "I love you Cami". It brought tears to my eyes and I know that this really was a miracle. I love Christmas. I love how it can bring the best out of people, mend hearts and bring families closer together. I am so grateful for my baby sister. My Christmas is now complete.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Brought tears to my eyes too. Sisters are wonderful, I know how much she means to you because I have sisters. She does love you! You are such a great example, and such a wonderful big sister! A good example to me as well.

The Huffs said...

Thank you for sharing that story. I am best friends with Laura and we also have our differences sometimes. There is nothing like having a close relationship with your sister.
PS both you and your sister are so gorgeous!

Alicia said...

That's so great Cami! Yay!