12/23/2008

My greatest gift of all

So I was reading my journal today and I came upon an entry that really made me grateful for a Loving Heavenly Father. Three years ago almost to the day, I was in Houston and single. I had recently lost a fiance' to cancer that summer so it was a very depressing Christmas for me. I wrote in this journal entry that I didn't think I would ever find anyone who would love me or that I could love in return. Two weeks later, I met my Geoff... and you all know the rest of that story.

It's pretty incredible how Heavenly Father knows what is best for us. He knows what we need to endure to be truly happy. Three years ago, I thought life was so cruel and that I would never be truly happy again. Little did I know that in just two short weeks, I would meet a man that loves me more than I deserve and takes my breath away on a daily basis. I feel so incredibly blessed.

Christmas has always been such a special time for me but until I met my Geoff, I never have loved Christmas like I do now. Christmas is about our Savior and celebrating his birth and the love of families. I just want to wish all of you a very happy, healthy and Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

cami. thanks so much for sharing that. it's so easy to forget what is important this time of year. the lord truely knows how to help us get through hard times. i appreciate the reminder. you are awesome!

Mindy said...

And some of us ... just keep waiting. :) I don't know Geoff that well, but everything you say about him makes me think he's about as stellar as they come and you deserve it! :) Merry Christmas, friend!