11/14/2009

Starting the day off right


Besides reading scriptures and saying your morning prayers, one of the most important things you can do is get a healthy breakfast to start the day off right! Just a couple of days ago, there was a segment on the today show about how type 2 diabetes is no longer referred to as "adult onset diabetes" because so many children are being diagnosed with it now. Reason why? They are obese. This makes me so sad that so many people in our country are careless when it comes to taking care of their bodies and also educating their children about how our bodies are a gift. We must set the example of how to do this by eating right and getting regular exercise. I could go on and on about this (as you can probably tell)but it is something I am so passionate about because I have lived both lifestyles. And the sweets and junk food are just NOT worth it!

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, tastes as good as being healthy feels. Nothing!

I have added quite a few recipes to my healthy living blog and some good tips that I have learned the past few years to enhance a healthy life-style. So if you wanna know more, go check out my healthy living blog

1 comments:

Randi said...

I agree. And I don't feel so great after I eat all those brownies and ice cream anyway. Sometimes I have to remind myself that, "Randi, this isn't the last batch of Cami's Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies that you'll make, so why are you acting like it is by scarfing it all down?!"
PS: Do you have a healthy recipe for those?