11/23/2009

Looking forward

I am having some anxiety about leaving all that we love about Logan behind as we soon approach moving (2 1/2 weeks!). I love it here. I really do. Yes, I am a complete wuss when it comes to winter time. I hate the snow/cold/ice. But there is so much about it here I love and adore. It is crazy to think I have lived in Logan for the past 7 years (on and off). Logan really is a quaint, beautiful little town. I met and fell in love with Geoff here. Our first kiss was on Old Main hill. I recieved a top notch education here. I made my best friends here. I will miss the small town rodeos in the summer time. I will miss the springtime in Logan. It is so nice when the snow all melts and it is just so lush and green here. It is breath-taking. More than anything I will miss the 29 clients that I have grown a deep love for. That will be hard to leave behind.

With all that said, I am so excited to start a new chapter in our lives. Houston is a great, enormousness city with so much to offer to Geoff and I. The city is rich in culture, museums, art and music. I am so excited for all the missionary opportunities that will come our way. I am so excited to be near my sweet niece and my niece that will be born in early January. I am looking forward to being actual adults with real jobs that require our degrees. I am SO excited to be near the ocean and beach. Nothing comes close to camping on the beach and waking up to the sunrise over the ocean.

While I will miss Logan dearly, I feel like it is the right thing to move to Houston. I am so thankful for all that I have experienced here and be even more thankful for the blessings that are to come.

5 comments:

Randi said...

Oh Cami, enjoy these last few weeks. I miss Logan soooo much! That being said, I am glad Alec and I have moved around and have those experiences. It will be great being close to family again. Utah will miss you!

Jessica Madsen said...

wow. I did not realize your move was so soon. This semester has flown. I felt the exact same way leaving logan. Have you ever heard the song "your gonna miss this" by Trace Adkins, it is so true, You WILL miss those times living in the one bedroom apartment trying to make ends meet. I swear there is no place like Logan. It sounds so corny, but you will realize what I mean when you no longer live there, It is fun to start a new life somewhere else though, and soon it will become 'home' too. It may be hard the first little bit, but all you can do is enjoy the journey!

JaelandSteveThompson.blogspot.com said...

I know the feeling. Were getting closer to that move... Its scary! I've been here 7 years as well and there's things I love about LOGAN. All the outdoor options are endless.

Shaun and Kelli said...

HOUSTON HERE WE COME!! WOOP WOOP!!! Goodbye SNOW! HELLO SUNSHINE! You are going to love it. We are excited you are coming! I am driving up for sure and we can hang out at your mom's! Honestly I've lived here all my life and I've never camped out on the beach, I should try it sometime. It's funny how when you are away you think of all the good things that we locals completely take for granted. Love ya!

Alicia said...

I know what you mean about being attatched to Logan somewhat. I've only been in Rexburg for 3 years but I definitely have things I will miss when we leave. When we first moved I thought I would hate it here, and the cold winter's are pretty miserable(you have to wear like snow clothes to stay warm at all out side even just for a minute), but there are a lot of things I like. Anyway, I'm babbling. Good luck with your packing and everything! I'm not looking forward to that in April!