11/05/2009

A day in the life of Geoff Brown...

I was out with a good friend today and she was asking me how Geoff was doing and we ended up talking about how I never ever see him and she looked kind of puzzles as to why so I quickly explained his daily schedule (see below)

3:30 AM (yes you're reading that right) ALARM GOES OFF
4:00AM-8:00 AM-- AT WORK
8:30AM-3:30PM--- AT PRACTICUM IN AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CLASS
4:00-7:00--- NIGHT CLASS
7:15-8:15--- WORKS OUT AT THE GYM
8:30-9:30--- HOMEWORK
10:00--- BED TIME

After saying it out loud I was kind of taken back just how crazy amazing my husband is. He literally get no time to just relax, like ever! Even though I work full time and go to school full time, having 2 of my classes be online certainly lightens my load!

One of my very first impressions of Geoff was how hard of a worker he is. Back in our single days we lived in the same apartment complex. Well sort of. He lived in a basement of a house right next to our apartment complex. Make sense?

Well, each summer all the residents in our complex had to move to a different complex so we could make room for the senior citizens who come from AZ to get away from the super hot summers down there. All the apartments were included in this move, except for Geoff's. So you can imagine the chaos of about 40 plus apartments all moving at the same time. Did Geoff hibernate in his apartment after working a 12 hour construction day? Certainly not. He was out helping all the other apartments lift, carry, pull and clean their apartments. At the time we were "just friends" and really had no romantic feelings for each other. But I vividly and distinctly remember how amazed I was at not only his incredible work ethic, but also his concern for other's.

I really did marry up. And I am okay with that. It gives me something to work for each day to be half as good as Geoff. Super cheezy, I know. But it's the cheese that keeps the spice in marriage, right? (:

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow! That schedule is crazy! I am in awe!

Shaun and Kelli said...

Definitely crazy. But I don't think you married up. I think you are both incredible and EXTREMELY hardworking people. But I know how you feel, and cheese TOTALLY keeps spice in your marriage, that I completely agree. What a man!

Alicia said...

Looks like our husbands have a similar schedule! Scott get's up at 3 as well. Works, classes, studies, comes home about 6 to dinner and then helping with the kids. Then homework and bed. Our poor hubby's, I can't wait til this is over!