11/03/2009

Motivation to keep on keepin on!


Recently I have started a new thing that has been pretty successful in losing that last 20-30 lbs I have been wanting to lose since I lost about 75 lbs 4 1/2 years ago... I cut out ALL sugar, starch and most carbs. I eat lots and lots of vegetables, lean protein (lots of grilled chicken, fish and even very very lean 96/4 ground beef ) and lower sugar fruits and eat around 1100 calories a day, and exercise every single day minus Sunday and guess what?! It's been working! I have lost 10 lbs already! My motivation to keep this up is that when I reach my goal weight, I am getting this custom made dress for me... either in the color shown or in a dark chocolate brown. I am so excited that finally after tons and tons of working out and eating healthy I have found what my body is asking for!! I am not going to lie-- it is TOUGH!! The first couple of days I wanted to die from having no bread and stuff like that, but now I am used to it and I love getting on the scale to see my success! I plan on keeping it up through the holidays even, I will relax a little-- not a lot-- on Thanksgiving but I will be sure to go running for a long time that morning! Keep your fingers crossed that I keep getting great results from this! I love hearing about what is working for others so tell me what has been working for you to live a healthier life!

10 comments:

Misha said...

Cami you are so HOT!! i saw you out running the other day! in fact, I ALWAYS see you running, i am so jealous that you are blessed with determination while all I can do is search for the tv remote for my "exercise". LOL! You are my inspiration! keep it up girl-- you are amazing!! and that dress is to die for!!!!! you deserve it!!

Randi said...

That's awesome Cam. Wow, a Gossip Girl dress. What reward! Love you :)

Cassie H. said...

You are looking amazing Cami! It was great seeing you at conference the other day. You can totally tell you're a runner! I like the dress in RED! It will be dead sexy!

Mellie said...

Awesome!!! After reading a book that changed my life, I cut out any form of refined sugar, and all flour for one week. I lost 4 lbs that week, which for me was a big deal. It just goes to show that white flour and refined sugar are no good!

Jessica Madsen said...

Cami you are awesome. I wish i had an ounce of your will power. Way to go! Keep it up! Your almost there! Can't wait to see pictures of you in your new dress!

Anonymous said...

That amazing! Also, your blog looks great. We'll miss you guys... especially at dinner group (which may have gotten harder with new diet restrictions). :D

Sarah said...

Congrats...I wish I had as much discipline as you!!

Love the new look.

Jenny said...

you look awesome Cami! You are so beautiful. And that is a very fun reward!

Also, the new look of the blog is very cute. I love it!

CupcakesOMG! said...

cami, i love your blog!!! so cute. and this dress is SO worth staying motivated!!! i cut out sugar and carbs in high school and shed weight like it was nothing!! it is NOT easy!! it's so motivating to hear how hard you're working and how successful you've been. I'm going to do the Miss DC pageant next year and have to lose those stubborn 10 pounds myself, so hearing your journey gets me really excited to do it!! get it get it gurrrrl!

Tiffany said...

it's the only thing that works for me... cutting sugar, refined flour... i normally eat lots of carbs, but they are great carbs... sprouted wheat, etc. but right now, i'm getting more protein and less carbs cause i'm doing p90x... it works. seriously. i tell people all the time, cut out the treats and the rolls at dinner, and you'll lose weight. it is such a simple concept, yet so difficult for people to do... and it is tough! but the longer you do it, the easier it gets. i haven't had a real "treat" for about 3 1/2 years. and i love the way i feel... so i've kept it up. and it's a whole lot easier to maintain weight once you lose it if you still don't eat that junk... it all ends up being "extra" calories cause it has zero nutrition, doesn't fill you up, and so you make up for it anyway with regular foods... congratulations and keep it up! losing weight is hard work, but SO worth it in the end!