10/07/2009

Infinate power of Hope

So just today I had the opportunity to talk to a lovely young woman who is in the same predicament Geoff and I have been in for the past year and a half. Struggling to have children. Difference between her and I is she is an atheist. She told me this whole experience has turned her completely agnostic. I felt so sad for her that she really feels that way. We each have our own individual trials we are going through so I am sure we all get to a point where sometimes we want to just get up.

I feel blessed though because I am quite the opposite from this young lady. Yes, it is tough. Yes, there are days when I feel very discouraged about everything. But never have I ever doubted there is a Heavenly Father who loves me. I know he loves each of us and is SO mindful of whatever we are going through. I so enjoyed this past weekend. Listening to conference is always such a pick me up, but more so now than ever. I feel so blessed to know that God lives and that he is mindful of what we are going through. I feel so blessed to have wonderful friends and family who are praying for us.

I love the talk from a couple of General Conferences ago by Dieter F. Uchtdorf about the Infinate Power of Hope. I have this posted in my wallet and I look at it often when I feel down.
"We hope in Jesus the Christ, in the goodness of God, in the manifestations of the Holy Spirit, in the knowledge that prayers are heard and answered. Because God has been faithful and kept His promises in the past, we can hope with confidence that God will keep His promises to us in the present and in the future. In times of distress, we can hold tightly to the hope that things will “work together for [our] good” as we follow the counsel of God’s prophets. This type of hope in God, His goodness, and His power refreshes us with courage during difficult challenges and gives strength to those who feel threatened by enclosing walls of fear, doubt, and despair"

I never thought I would have to worry about the ability to have children, but I am grateful for this experience. It has taken me a very long time to find gratitude for this trial, but I am finally there. I have grown so close to Geoff through all of this. And most importantly, it has humbled me and made me closer to my Father in Heaven. I just want to thank each of you who read our blog that think of us and pray for us how much we love and appreciate it. Someday, this will all just be a memory and I can hopefully help someone who is struggling just as we are.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

What an awesome quote!! I'm totally going to keep it. We continue to fast and pray for you guys!!

Jenny said...

I love you Cami! You're in my prayers everyday!

Alicia said...

Thanks for being an amazing example to all of us. I love reading your blog. =)