10/21/2009

Great. Night.

I have had one of those nights where all I did was laugh & smile.

I took one of my favorite people out to get some ice-cream tonight & wow, was it ever a good time! I invited some people I work with to come along & we literally had a ball.

Blu has a heart of gold and loves anyone who he meets. He has a Christ-like attitude and is always worried about other's more than himself.

How grateful I am for him. He has changed my life & has helped me way more than I have ever helped him.

Tonight, I am just so grateful for the blessing I have to work with special people like him. I know I talk about my job a lot and how much I love it, but I feel like other than being a mother-- I was put on this earth to work with people with special needs. I know that by helping them I almost always end up learning from them. The past 4 years working at my job has been life changing and I am so grateful to my Father in Heaven for these amazing, special people.









4 comments:

Kellee said...

I wish we could hang out! This week I work Thurs, Fri, Sat until about 8:30-9pm. Next week I work the night shifts Wed, Thurs, on-call Friday night, and work Saturday and Sunday night :( What about the 7th? Or 13th or 14th of November?

Kristin said...

I can't even put into words how much I admire you, Cami. Having children with special needs really has opened my eyes and changed my perspective. However much a challenge my life seems because it isn't the typical life with typical kids, I really do see the blessings my boys bring. Someday I would love to sit with you and chat about those who you have met and how you have become who you are. Because you are so amazing! And I really want you to meet my kids!! I think they would really love you!! Hope to run into you someday soon!

Mindy said...

I love all of your pictures! I am so glad you decided to take him out! It was SO MUCH FUN!

Sarah said...

what an awesome job!

i'm excited to see you!!!