10/25/2009

Can't deny it

Today has been a spiritually uplifting day that I hope to never forget. My stake here in Logan was invited to be in attendance for our stake conference with President Eyring and Elder Ballard speaking. This is something I have never gotten used to here in Utah, even though I have had plenty of opportunities to be in attendance of general authorities & apostles, but each time this happens I am always in awe of these great men. No, I do not worship them, I just highly admire and respect them for their service in my church.

This past month in the Ensign there was an article about blogging & sharing the gospel and I feel compelled to share with you some of the thoughts and feelings I have today after being in the same building with two of our Heavenly Father's apostles. There are two things that stood out to me today.

1. If you put the Lord first, all else will fall into place.
2. The Book of Mormon is true and I will never be able to deny that.

President Eyring spoke of some of the hardships he has gone through in his life, dating way back to when he was a poor college student. His humor and faith about this time in life was very endearing and uplifting to hear about. Especially seeing him now as a successful and very very faithful man. How easy it is to get wrapped up in our trials and forget to serve others. How easy it is to be selfish at this time in our life when we are so focused on getting our careers started and beginning our own families that we forget to serve others. This was a great reminder to me that if I put the Lord first, everything- even the large trials we may face-will never be in vain.

Elder Ballard spoke of a man who went on a mission who when he returned home he got a hold of some anti-Mormon literature and how quickly he lost his testimony. When speaking to Elder Ballard he had a list of questions he wanted answered about the church and Elder Ballard said he would comply but only if he first did one thing. Read the Book of Mormon for at least an hour for the next week until they met again. Well, when they met again, the young man told Elder Ballard right away that his questions didn't need answered that he knew the Book of Mormon was true and couldn't deny it.

I know with all my heart that the Book of Mormon is true. I have come to love and cherish this book as I have read it more and more. Geoff and I set some goals in our home a couple of months ago and we have improved in reading our scriptures together each night before we go to bed. I can testify that this has not only changed me, but it has changed our marriage for the better. If the Book of Mormon is true, and it is, then everything else about the gospel falls into place.

How grateful I am for this knowledge. I hope I never take it for granted and can remember these thoughts and feelings today as I was uplifted and taught by two of the Lord's anointed servants.

1 comments:

Randi said...

Thanks for that Cami. I've been feeling a little down lately and you've reminded me that this will pass and it won't be in vain.
I am lucky to have such a great person for a friend. Love and YDB