8/10/2009

Healthy and YUMMY recipes

Here are 2 yummy recipes I have made recipes where I made the original recipes healthy.

Red Potato Salad

8-9 red potatoes cubed and boiled (with the skins on)
1/2 cup skim milk
2 TBSP light mayo
1 package fat free ranch seasoning
Turkey bacon cooked and torn to pieces
green onions chopped

Mix the ranch, milk and mayo. Mix in the turkey bacon and green onions with the potatoes and then slowly pour the mixture over the potatoes and let chill for a couple of hours. Really good for BBQs and such.



Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread

3 eggs (I used 2 egg whites, one whole egg)
2 cups grated zucchini
1 c. vegtable oil (I use applesauce instead and it works fine and LOTS healthier)
3 c. sugar (I use splenda instead

1 TBSP Salt

3 tsp cinnamon
3 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder

3 cups whole wheat flour

Bake at 350 for about 45-hour depending on your oven. Mine took about 50 minutes.

1 comments:

The Huffs said...

I hope you know about the family reunion this Saturday. It would be a ton of fun to see you!