8/29/2009

2 years & counting.


Monday is our 2 year anniversary. Seeing as how we are going out of town tomorrow and will be celebrating on Monday night with a night out on the town, I thought I would write down a few of my thoughts about my marriage.

I am overwhelmed with gratitude for my husband Geoff. Those who know him, know that he has a heart the size of Texas and that he does anything and everything to make me happy.I am constantly flooded with people complimenting me about how wonderful my husband is. Friday alone, 3 people at work came up to me randomly to tell me how much they miss my husband at work and how wonderful he is.

These last 2 years I have spent as his wife have been the happiest I have ever experienced. I have never felt so safe and cared for. Just this morning he made me breakfast in bed-- why? Because that's how he is. Always doing the most the incredible gestures to love me. I can go on and on about Geoff and why I love him... but I think you all know why I love him so much.

I am so grateful we started out our marriage in the temple. I remember very little about what was said in the ceremony but I do remember the sealer saying how interesting it is that even in the temple, we start off our marriage on our knees. Geoff has always been the kind of man that has been worthy to pray with me each night and take me to the temple regularly. I feel very humbled thinking of all my blessings. I truly have so much to be thankful for. Someday we will be blessed with children, and Geoff will be an incredible daddy just as he is a husband.

Here is to 2 years and for many MANY more to come!

3 comments:

Than & Lina said...

That's wonderful! Congratulations!

Sarah said...

yay! i am glad you are so happy. being married is the best!!! (p.s. thanks for your encouraging words. i am excited to hear some good news from you soon, cause i know i will!)

Kristin said...

Happy Anniversary! You are going to make an incredible mother some day, Cami! I think about you a lot. I pray that you are blessed with children soon. I am amazed at your strength and maturity, and hope to one day be able to spend some time with you. Glad you found a sweetie that treats you so wonderful!