8/01/2009

An amazing experience!


So we did it. We can cross it off our list after many months of discussing conquering this task.

We hiked the WHOLE Wellsville Mountain range. All 12 1/2 miles of it. 7 miles uphill. We counted about 7 mountains total that we climbed over.

(This is what the Mountain range looks like, of course there was no snow when we hiked)

The Wellsville Mountains are literally the steepest mountains in the world. They are amazing and I will never look at the mountain range the same again.

It was tough & at times I wanted to give up. But what an amazing experience it was.

We started the hike at the crack of dawn @ 6 a.m. and ended around 2:45 p.m... Lasting almost 9 hrs. We invitied our neighbors and good friends, the Bennetts, to come with us and we had a great time together.

I don't know if anyone has done anything like this but I would highly recommend it. It was literally one of the most amazing experiences of my life. You could stand on the mountain peeks and see the Great Salt Lake and turn around in the same exact spot and see all the way up to Idaho. Incredible. There is no way you can deny there is a God after seeing the beauty in the Wellsville Mountains.

It was amazing. Incredible. Almost Life changing!










6 comments:

Randi said...

I think the Wellsville Mountains are the prettiest mountains in the world. I am way jealous

Shaun and Kelli said...

Cami you are so amazing. That is awesome! I love that you are so adventureous. Such a great example to us. I wish I could do that! Definitely jealous! (I'm such a wimp). Way to go! you guys look awesome for having just hiked 12 miles!!!

Sarah said...

WOW!!!!! that's all i can say. way to go. WOW.

Than & Lina said...

I'm impressed!

Cassie said...

Dang Cami! That looks so beautiful. I am way impressed.

Alicia said...

Love the background in the second picture! If you love hikes like that and seeing the beauty of the mountains you need to go see my favorite hike of all time. Favorite place too I think. Go to my blog archive and click on February, then the post Sehale Arm. If you've never been to WA you should seriously plan a trip there and make sure you do this. Check it out!