7/27/2009

My parents & The Woodlands.

My parents have moved to the Woodlands, Texas (30 minutes north of downtown Houston) and built a beautiful new home there. My mom is finally getting her dream home after all the many years of sacrificing for her children... It's about time.

I can learn so much from my Mom. We had a nice house growing up and my dad made good money, but she never demanded her "dream home". She decided her children were more important and gave us a great upbringing because of that decision.

I am so happy for my Mom. She gets to close/move in to the house in 2 weeks! Homes are materialistic and clearly not the most important thing in the world, but I think it will bring my Mom great satisfaction to finally have a big island kitchen that she has always wanted to do all her baking/cooking. Here's to you, Mom. You deserve it!

(There will be stainless steel appliances put in, in the next couple of weeks)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

wow. that's awesome!

Shaun and Kelli said...

YAY! I'm so excited for them. Your mom TOTALLY deserves it! Such a cute house too. I hope everything goes okay with their move. Love you guys!