7/25/2009

Cedar City/24th of July

It has been a very busy past couple of weeks for Geoff and I. Last weekend we went down to Cedar City (Southern Utah) to visit Geoff's parents and to be at his best friend Jason's wedding. We had a wonderful visit and lots of great conversation with my in-laws, who I simply adore. We even got Geoff's dad TOTALLY hooked on the show "24". They stayed up til almost 1am watching the end of season 2 with us. We went to Yankee Lake to go fishing with them as well, and sadly we did not catch anything but we still had a great time.


Then this weekend we went to my grandparents house for a couple of days down in SLC to spend some much needed time with them and my extended family. We went out one night with my best friend Randi and her husband Alec to say goodbye, as they are leaving for law school in Oregon and we will be moving to Texas in a few months.

Every 24th of July, my grandparents have a big breakfast up Millcreek Canyon with all the trimmings. It was great to spend some time with cousins and Aunt and Uncles. After our food settled, we went on a 6 mile hike that overlooks the Salt Lake Valley. It was pretty strenuous and tough, but man it was SO worth it when you see the view at the top and to feel like I was in good enough shape to conquer such a tough hike (good thing cause next week we are hiking 12 miles up the Wellsville Mountains-- steepest mountains in the world, no joke) . I feel so blessed to have such a close knit family and will miss seeing them as often as I do when we move to Texas.

3 comments:

Shaun and Kelli said...

wow what a fun time! I miss everyone up there! Hello to my favorite Aunt Marillyn, Denise, Nicholas, Hillary etc.etc.etc. You have the best family ever Cami! Seeing pictures of your fam makes me miss my Gramy! Glad you guys had such a fun time!!! The view looks beautiful!

Sarah said...

you look so cute in your pictures!

Kristin said...

I have the same feelings as Kelli! When I was at BYU, your aunts and uncles and grandparents took such good care of me! I spent lots of time with them and with Hillary and Chelsea and all your cousins! I miss them all so much and cannot believe how much everyone has grown up. And I could practically smell that crisp Utah canyon air when I was looking at those pictures. Tell everyone I said hello the next time you see them! One of these days we will get to hang out too! I feel I have gotten to know you by reading your blog and I just think the world of you Cami!