7/03/2009

How my goals are going...

So remember how I made all those new years resolutions? We are now half way through the year so lets see how I am doing thus far.


PHYSICAL
-run a marathon (either the Ogden or St. George)--- This has been way too hard for me to train for working full time and going to school full time. I have only been able to run about 25 miles a week... But we shall see. There is still time for me to train for the Logan Marathon. It is tough with how busy I am.
-climb a mountain 5 times this summer--- So far on track. We have done this about 3 times this summer and we are going to climb the steepest mountains in the WORLD. The Wellsvilles, in like a month. Wish us luck!
-weigh my ideal weight +/- 5 lbs by 6/1/09--- Still not quite there, I have about 10 pounds to go, but I have made progress.

MENTAL
-learn 3 new words a week-- With school going full swing I have been learning lots of new words. But mostly they are related to my classes, but it still counts, right?
-Get a 4.0 each semester--- I must say, I did this last semester and I am on track for summer semester as well. It feels good!
-Read a book a month (other than school books)-- So far so good. I have read some really great books. I re-read my favorite book "the hiding place" this month. I highly recommend it if you haven't read it.

EMOTIONAL
-Never criticize my appearance-- I need to do MUCH better with this.
-Say "I love you" every day to Geoff--- ACED this, but he isn't hard to love.
-Write in my journal each week-- It has been more like every other week, but that is a mass improvement from last year's 3 entries.

SPIRITUAL
-Read the Book of Mormon by 6/1/09--- I finished it in April and I am re-reading it again!
-Pray 2x a day-- Been pretty good with this as well. Always could improve in quality though.
-Read scriptures daily (no exceptions)-- I could do better with quality here as well. A busy life is no excuse for slacking!
-Go to the temple twice a month-- We have done awesome with this for the most part. It feels wonderful to be in the house of the Lord with Geoff. Couldn't ask for more!


I definitely have not been perfect but I think overall I am doing pretty well working on my goals. I appreciate all the love and support we receive from friends and family to help us with these goals! It feels good to have made some progress and I feel like a better person because of these resolutions.

4 comments:

Than & Lina said...

I may have said this before, but I totally mean it... You are amazing, seriously! Those are some great goals and outcomes. That's one thing I admire most about Nathaniel - his consistent habit of writing worthwhile goals, working hard to achieve them and evaluating too. Way to go!

Than & Lina said...

Oh, and I love this song!

Than & Lina said...

Oh, and I love this song!

Annalise said...

I'm continuously impressed and inspired by your fitness goals. You are amazing! Way to follow through!