2/24/2009

Yummy HEALTHY peach cobber!?!? It's true!

Ok so on my quest to make recipes healthy, I decided to surprise Geoff tonight with a yummy yet healthier version of my peach cobbler and I must say... it came out REALLY well!! It was moist and delicious.
Here is how you do it:

2 cans peaches in light syrup (drain peaches & reserve the syrup)
1/4 c. Skim milk
1/2 c. Flour
1/4 c. whole wheat flour
1/4 c. oats
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. peach syrup
1 tsp. baking powder


Drain peaches and reserve the juice. Mix all the dry ingredients. Then add the milk and peach syrup to the dry ingredients. Pour into a 9x9 sprayed dish. Spoon peaches into the mixture. Bake at 375 for 35-40 min. We didn't add icecream but you could if you're feeling scandalous =)
Or maybe just a dallop of fat-free cool whip....Enjoy!!!

1 comments:

Alicia said...

Looks and sounds delicious! Scott and I love cobbler so we might just have to try this out.