2/28/2009

Draper Temple Open House


We had the privilege of going to the Draper Temple open house this weekend and it was a really good experience for us. The temple is gorgeous and unique in it's own way and I was just amazed at how the church does everything so perfectly when it comes to the house of the Lord. Even though the temple is yet to be dedicated, you could feel a sweet spirit there and I knew that I was on holy ground. As we sat in the sealing room, a lovely couple bore their testimonies of the temple and the sealing of forever families and it really touched me. I knew that in that very room, for many years to come, Eternal families would be created right where I was sitting. Sitting next to Geoff, it made me think of my special day where I started my family and I was overcome with gratitude for a loving Heavenly Father who would let me have Geoff for forever. I feel so blessed to be able to go to a temple whenever needed. It was a neat experience to be there with almost all of Geoff's side of the family. I am so grateful for the house of the Lord and all the blessings that come from attending the temple. I have a firm testimony that it is indeed God's work that goes in these sacred temples.

3 comments:

Nicole and Andy said...

That's awesome you got to go, we're jealous! You look beautiful too Cami!

zacandbritt.blogspot.com said...

Fun! Oh and you look so good!!!! miss skinny woman!!!
Britt

Jenny said...

There you are in that beautiful dress you loved so! Great choice!