5/10/2009

Tribute to my Mom

We all know & recognize that today is Mother's day. So today, I have been thinking about my Mom a lot. Let me tell you a little about my sweet Mother.

My Mom is the type of Mom who will never buy herself anything, still to this day even being an empty nester, because she wants to give that money to her children. Just yesterday she sent Brett, Geoff and I some money because of our good grades. How thoughtful is my Mom?

My Mom is the type of Mom that is always preaching the gospel to those around her, she has no fear in rejection when sharing because she is a woman of Faith. She taught me to never settle for anything less than a temple marriage. She taught me to always pay my tithing. She taught me how to work hard and to be responsible. Without her, I wouldn't have been successful in my job or in school.

My mother is probably the most christ-like example I have in my life. She loves unconditionally, even when her children have hurt her incredibly, she never turns her back on them. My testimony is so strong because I have a loving mother who has taught me about the Savior since I was little. For that, I will always be grateful. To sum it up, she is simply amazing. I owe her my life and will always be in debt to her. Happy Mother's day Mom. You deserve to have the best day possible.

2 comments:

Webb Crew said...

That is so sweet. It is great to have such a great mom!

Mirin said...

Cami-

Is it your goal in life to make me cry as much as possible? Ha ha! Seriously, I really don't deserve such a tribute, but I really do appreciate your kind words. But you know the best way you show your gratitude for me is the way you have chosen to live your life. The way you love and serve the Lord. The way you help, love and serve others. The way you cherish and live the covenants that you have made with the Lord. These "things" are more meaningful to me than anything! They are the lasting eternal things! Thank you for the life you have chosen...and I know it hasn't always been easy, but it has been and always will be worth it! I love you so much!!

Love,
Mom