4/23/2009

Hit the pavement

Everyday I fight a battle with myself. To eat or not to eat? I have inherited quite a few wonderful qualities from my father and one that is not so good- a sweet tooth like no other.

I come home from work and need some time to just relax from the stress I undergo there... and one of the habits I had with a kid was to eat junk food when I was stressed or even bored. Terrible, I know. After losing 85 lbs now, I have had to change that habit... but man is a struggle.

What has saved me from this you ask?

Running.

I never thought I would LOVE running, but now, I can hardly wait to get my running shoes on and go for a nice long run. Especially now that the weather is getting nicer and I can run in the mountains. I mean, look at the VIEW I have when running. Nothing quite like the beauty of Cache Valley.

Lately, Running has literally saved me. The stress of working full time at a very demanding job and going to school full time has made me want to go crazy at times, but hitting the pavement has been just what the doctor ordered. Who woulda thought? Cami Brown, a runner? I guess its true.

7 comments:

the Smiths said...

I've started to love running too I'm very disappointed when I don't get to. I am a treadmill runner though maybe one day i will run outside.

JaelandSteveThompson.blogspot.com said...

That's cool :) I think running is the stress reliever sport !

Alicia said...

I think if everyone gave running an honest try the world would be full of runners. That view you have is breathtaking. Even without all the other wonderful things that go with running I'd go for that! wow. Did you take that picture? And I have the worst sweet tooth as well. No matter how hard I try I can't get passed it! My next effort is going to be chewing sugar free gum in place of it. Hopefully that will help!

Nicole and Andy said...

Running is awesome, all you need are some good pavement pounders and you've got a cheap sport! I'm looking forward to doing the Wasatch Back, have you done\heard of it? You'd love it I think! You're awesome Cami!

Kellee said...

Did you take that picture of the Logan valley? Its beautiful!

Kira said...

I know what you mean. I love running outside. Logan has some pretty incredible places to view while you catch some fresh air. I can't wait to get back into that hobby once I have this little one! Keep it up, it's totally worth it!

Webb Crew said...

Running is the greatest. It is cool to see how much you love it. Those pictures are amazing