11/16/2008

Bacon Potato Chowder...mmmmmmm

Hey everyone, I am making Bacon Potato chowder and let me tell you-- Its sooo good & really easy to make!! And you can make it healthier if you want. I made a few substitutions in the recipe to make it really low cal & you can honestly NOT tell the difference. It's delicious and perfect for a cold winter day!

Bacon Potato Chowder


6-7 peeled cubed potatoes
1 small onion diced
2 cans of corn, drained
1 package of bacon (I use turkey bacon & its sooo yummy)
2 cans cream of chicken (I use the 98% fat free kind)
16 oz sour cream (I use the fat free kind)
3 cups cream (I use skim milk)
3 cups water
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp parsley

Combine everything in crockpot on high for 4-5 hours of low for 7-8 hours.

You can add cheese and crackers if you wish. I am serving it with yummy french bread. I can't wait to get home from church to eat it!!

I really hope you guys try it- you won't be disappointed. It's easy to make and it makes alot!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

This is my kind of recipe! We will definitely give it a shot!

Kristin said...

Looks yummy! Right up my alley with all the cream and starch...and bacon! YUM! How'd it turn out?