9/03/2008

Our anniversary weekend & meeting the prophet!

I still can't believe it's been a whole year since Geoff & I got married in Salt Lake, but at the same time I have a hard time remembering what life was like before I was Mrs. Brown. I do know this, life is a million times better than I ever knew it could be! Well, we celebrated by going to park city all weekend. It was a blast. We stayed at the Carriage House Condiminiums, which is a pretty sweet place to stay. I tooks like six bubble baths (we don't have a tub @ home and taking baths is one of my FAVORITE things to do, so I had to stock up). We did LOTS of shopping, spent too much money, and just enjoyed being together 24/7. We both got each other new watches as gifts to each other. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new watch. Geoff's is super nice too. It rained a bit on sunday night & monday morning so our Monday morning hike got canceled but thats okay because we went out to breakfast in salt lake & as we were sitting there, I looked over at the door & PRESIDENT MONSON walked in with his wife. I started to freak out. Being from Texas, this is NOT an everyday occurance for a prophet to be in my midst. So I told Geoff that I had to go talk to him. So i walked to over to him, Geoff following, and very timidly said "um, sorry to bother you President Monson, but can I shake your hand?"... and he said with a smile "Oh, you're not bothing me" and shook my hand... then he looked over and Geoff (who was wearing a Utah State hoodie & said something like "Oh, Utah State huh?"... and we explained thats where we go to school & then he said how lovely Logan is. Then a mob of people came and lined up to talk to him as well, so I decided to let them have a turn. I wanted to sit there & talk to him for a long time... but I decided his bodyguards were watching somewhere & they might think I was some kind of freak. But man, can I tell you that was by far the biggest highlight of our trip? It's interesting seeing him at a normal little dinky restaurant & yet it's still the same feeling I have when I see him on the tv screen during conference. Can't deny he is the prophet of God. What a great anniversary we had. I feel like the luckiest woman alive. Geoff is by far the sweetest (& sexiest!) man alive... and treats me like a queen. Two days before our anniversary I had a panic attack about clutter in our house. (which is funny because it wasn't all that much, but I am just a neat freak to the extreme)... well while I was at work, Geoff went through each room and organized it, cleaned it, and made it PERFECT... wrote me the sweetest letter and got me a beautiful boquet of roses. I loved it. Made me so grateful for August 31st, 2007, the day I married my best friend for forever. Marrying him was the greatest decision I have ever made. Here's to the first year and many more to come!!


Isn't Geoff the CUTEST?!?

Our new watches!

Story behind this picture is I am quitting diet Coke. The rule is I can have it when eating out. I am drinking the goodness of Diet Coke after a week of not having it... It was such joy to be reunited with my beloved drink!!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

yay for anniversaries! and that's so awesome that you got to shake the prophet's hand.

i'm the same way about clutter. drives me absolutely crazy!!! your husband wins big points for cleaning it all up.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's already been a year! I can't believe I'm almost to the year mark!!!

That's amazing you met the Prophet!! That would seriously be one blessed day!

The Huffs said...

Hi Cami!! So glad you commented on my blog. now I can look at you and Sarah's blog (yeah didnt even know she had one). Happy anniversary! We need to hang out sometime.

Alicia said...

oh my gosh can I just say that is so COOL you met Pres Monson! He's been my favorite since I was a kid! Wow. I really want to meet him one day, but who knows when. And Happy Anniversary! We barely missed each other in park city! We were there the weekened before. Glad you had fun! It's fun reading your blog. =)

Kellee said...

Congrats! Sounds like an incredible weekend, right up to meeting the prophet!

Kari said...

Hey Cami! It's your cousin Kari!! Happy One Year!! You guys look so happy and what an awesome anniversary you had!! I've had fun reading about you on your blog and catching up. It's so fun to see how well you have been doing. Geoff seems like a really great guy too! I mean seriously...I think I would fall over dead if my husband ever cleaned and organized any room in our house, let alone his own office!! That's like my lifelong dream b/c I'm such a neat freak too!! Anyways, I just wanted to say hi and Happy Anniversary!! ~~Kari

Mindy said...

I still cannot believe you didn't ask him about my letter ... :)

Kristin said...

Happy Anniversary Cami! You guys are such a great looking couple! You also look very happy!

Alan and Mindee said...

Happy Anniversary! Your blog is so cute. I was looking at Hillary and Etan's blog and ran into yours. I still havn't met you Cami. I am Jeff's cousin and we actually went to high school together. I have heard such good things about you. Hopefully we will meet at the Baldwin reunion next weekend!