8/13/2008

Season of weddings!

Its that time of year... everyone seems to be getting married or close to it. Yesterday, Brett (my little brother) and Geoff and I went down to Salt Lake to go to my cousin Alex's wedding reception. It was really good to see all my family... especially my grandparents. I know I am bias but seriously, I have the COOLEST grandparents. You can actually talk to them about things in your life. They are very hip & know what you're talking about. I love being around them & it's cool for Geoff to have grandparents again because all of his are now deceased. Anyways, it was really great. We went over to my uncle Greg & aunt Janette's house after the reception & hung out with them. They are really neat people because they have 2 sons with autism & the oldest, Nicholas has a very special place in my heart. Because of him, my life is all about special education. So it was great to just hang out with my aunt & talk to her about special education & so on. Here are a few pictures from the reception

Grandparents with Alex & his new wife Emily

My cute husband & little brother Brett
My cute cousin Chelsey

Uncle Marv & Aunt Denise

Cute cousins Nelson & Spencer


Me & the Hubs


... And today I threw my best friend a bridal shower... We did the traditional gift giving and stuff. Asked questions about her husband to be. And it just made me reflect on my own wedding day & how special it was. I seriously can't remember a moment that was more amazing than the day I made a family forever! What a great day it was. Anyways, here are a few photoes from the shower. It was pretty fun.


The fantastic food I served... pretty tasty!



Jen opened up her presents & put all the special things she got on, silly girl!

7 comments:

Kellee said...

I'm right there with you Cami. I love weddings because I know it will be the most special day for that couple and I kind of envy the couple a little cause I wish I could relive my wedding day all over again :)

Cassie said...

Cami, I'm so happy you found my blog! You guys look like you are doing great! I'm so happy to be able to keep in touch with you. Tell your parents I said hi!

Shaun and Kelli said...

Hey Cami! I'm so glad you started a blog, they are so much fun. I can't believe Alex got married, I am really starting to feel old. Everyone looked great in the pictures! How's married life going? You and Geoff look so adorable! Good luck with everything. I'm glad we can keep in touch and see what everyone is up to! Take care!

Annalise said...

I totally forgot about the Christmas trees! That was such a great night. And so long ago! You're not so far away, we should hang out some time. It's been forever since I've seen you!

Kristin said...

I have to agree! You have such a wonderful family, cousins and grandparents! I haven't been the best at keeping in touch with everyone but seeing all those pictures made me miss everyone! When I was at BYU I spent a lot of time with your grandparents and lots of your cousins, but it was over ten years ago! Can you believe that? It was so fun to see everyone all grown up in those pictures. I am so excited to hear about your interest in spec ed! The world needs more wonderful people like you to help with our special needs kids! I know I appreciate it! And to make this an even longer comment (sorry about that...) you are BEAUTIFUL!

Kellee said...

well it sounds like I missed you again. Drats! Just my luck! Hope you guys are havnig a fabulous weekend regardless :)

Annalise said...

Hey what's your address??? Email me at annalisefarmer@gmail.com. I want to send you an announcement!