8/10/2008

Our first time giving a talk as a married couple

Today Geoff & I had to speak in church. I thought we got pretty lucky after being married for almost a whole year & never having to give a talk in church, but the bishop eventually got to us & we spoke today. It was a pretty cool experience though. We spoke on Elder Wirthlin's talk "Consider the One". I never realized just how great of a public speaker my husband is. He hardly looked at his notes the whole time. I was pretty darn proud. It didn't hurt that he looks like a very good looking James Bond in his $600 suite =) Our good friends Jen & Gene who are getting married in one month, came to hear us speak, as did my little brother Brett. We are very blessed to have such good, supportive friends & family in our lives.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Cami! Hey! You look great and very happy! Congratulations on getting through your first talks together! It's been nearly three years since we've been married and this Sunday I am giving my first talk in church! Ahh! Now it seems really scary since so much time has passed! We're moving down to Salt Lake in two weeks so we should meet up sometime- you're still in Logan right?

Mindy said...

I'm bugged. I've spoken FOURTEEN times in the past two years!!!