9/29/2008

A couple of weeks for family fun!!

We have been very lucky these past couple of weekends to spend time with both of our families. Two weekends ago, we went down to Cedar City to visit Geoff's family and to attend a family reunion. It was a lot of fun to all be crammed in his parents house with little kids running around everywhere. I am mad because I totally forgot my camera so I didn't get any pictures. But rest assured, it was loads of fun. We went to see Batman with Geoff's sister Hillary and her husband Ethan and also Geoff's older brother Cory. They all hated it, which was surprising since Geoff is pretty much obsessed with that movie (we have seen it three times and every time we like it more!) And we had lots of family fun. We ate lots of good food, as Geoff's mom is a fantastic cook. We made lots of fun memories and feel blessed to be near to at last one of our families so we can have weekend visits like that.

This weekend my brother Tyler and his cute little family including his rad wife Heather and the CUTEST little girl Abbi Lynn, came into town. Geoff, me and my little brother Brett who lives up here in Logan all went down to stay at my grandma's house in SLC for the weekend. We had so much fun, it was hard to leave (we got back into town around 3 in the morning last night because we just couldn't seem to leave). The best part of the weekend was being with my little Abbi. She is seriously the smartest little girl. I wish I had taken some video of her singing all her songs. Geoff is taking a gifted learners class and both he and I suspect she is way above average for her age. She was potty trained at like 18 months, and talks like a 20 year old. The best line of the whole weekend was when her dad was going up the stairs, and she was sitting on them & said "Stop, you can NOT cross over my bridge until you make my laugh!"... and she is only 2!! I worked as a preschool teacher for about 2 years and she is way smarter than any of the four year olds I worked with. It's hard not to just love her. Plus she is stinkin' the most adorable little girl alive. We will be going back down on Friday to take her to the zoo & I can hardly wait!








Me and little Abbi. We took her to the park to play




Abbi & Uncle Brett at the park
Uncle Geoff watching a movie with Abbi. She absolutley adores him. She was crying one night and would only go to Geoff, even over her own Dad.




Napping together. It was too cute not to take a pic!

4 comments:

The Huffs said...

Tyler is in town?? We all need to get together. Let me know when you come down to visit again!

Alicia said...

that's so nice to have family close. I really miss that too. Glad you guys had a blast! And I agree your niece is very cute. =) Wait til you have your own!

Kellee said...

I love that last picture of your niece and Geoff. Cute! When are you guys going to have little ones of your own?

Kellee said...

Exciting! I wish we were at that point. I just know I couldn't handle everything so we got to wait until I'm done with school and can mellow out a bit. That is exciting you're starting back to school soon. I don't remember, what are you majoring in?

Zak is liking his job but he just started to work 1-10 Monday-Friday. Since he was done training he got the crappy shift. The only good thing is that I totally focus on homework and sadly its still not enough time to get caught-up.

We need to hang-out. Did Zak tell you how disappointed I am? Every time he sees or does something with you, its when I can't. The only time I have ever done anything with you was that first time we met--and then your wedding. Seriously our timing it completely off. Lets plan something...speaking of which, I was going to try to talk Zak into doing something fun over my fall break (week of oct 13th). Do you guys have any plans that weekend? I scheduled to work in the middle of the week so maybe we could get together the following saturday? Let me know.