4/06/2012

Letters to Payton: Month Eight

Dear Payton,

I know I say this every month, but I can't believe you're already eight months old. Seriously. You are getting so big it just blows my mind. The other day I realized that you have to kneel on my lap now when you lean your head on my shoulder to go to sleep when not that long ago your feet didn't even hit my lap. Every time I lay you down to sleep, I just have to hold you for a little while when your head rests on my shoulder. No matter how busy I am and how many things I know I need to cram into those precious two hours I have while you nap, I just can't put you down quite yet. I just love holding your warm little body close and smelling your head and treasuring the rare moments of quiet with you.

You are just so much fun. You have such a fiesty little personality and you are the most determined baby I have ever known. You now clap, give five, repeat sounds back to us and you love to use your voice and sing at the top of your lungs. You are crawling and so active now. We can't let you out of our sight, even for a second. Your favorite time of day is when your dad gets home and he lays on the ground and lets you climb all over him. You just sit and squeal because you think you are so big. You also have grown a love for cars. At about 5:30-6 in the evening, I take you outside and we sit on the front porch and watch all the cars on the road. Every time a car passes you jump up and down and squeal with excitement. We get lots of laughs from the neighbors because of it.

You are seriously a HUGE flirt. Just the other day, we were in line at a store and there was a gaggle of pre-teen girls several feet behind us in line who oohed and ahhed when they saw you. You immediately turned on the charm and smiled and did all your tricks for them. You were in heaven with such a receptive audience. You love attention and try to catch the eye of anyone who's around. One of the cutest things you do these days is when you are in your car seat and you start to fuss until I reach back and hold your hand and then you place my hand on your cheeks and play with my fingers. It just melts my heart. It is a good thing you can't ask for stuff yet because I would be putty in your hand.


I love you, Payton. I tell you that several times a day and hope that you never doubt it. You are such a sweet boy and I just can't get enough of you. You are starting to have a preference about who holds you, and as annoying as it sometimes is that you cry when I put you down or hand you off, in the back of my mind I sort of love that you so clearly love me. It makes it all worth it when I pick you up and feel your little arms around my neck giving me a little squeeze.

Love,

Mom

0 comments: