8/02/2010

Fantastic Day


Yesterday, my little sister Becky's boyfriend, Houston (Yes, thats his name) was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It has been a wonderful thing for Geoff and I to watch both him and Becky radically change their lives the past couple of months. Our family has been praying for this type of thing to happen and yesterday was not only a day to celebrate Houston and his decision to become baptized, but also to see Becky's conversion. I couldn't have been prouder of Becky as she gave a talk on baptism and bore a really sweet testimony. Geoff also gave a really really amazing talk on the gift of the Holy Ghost. My Dad was able to perform the actual baptism and Houston will be confirmed next Sunday.

Houston actually just moved into Geoff and I's new ward and we were amazed at the support from the ward at his baptism. It was packed to the max and we ran out of chairs for people to sit on. It was a day I will never forget. It was so great to see my parents so proud, happy and at peace. I am so grateful for these experiences and so grateful that I am a part of such an amazing family,

10 comments:

Randi said...

Cami, this is fabulous news! I am so happy for your little sister and her boyfriend. I am so happy for your sweet family. I love you beautiful :)

Kari said...

Oh Cami!! This seriously gave me chills! I am so happy for your family to have celebrated such a neat experience with Becky and her boyfriend :) I am so glad that Becky is doing so well. She looks like she is just beaming in those pictures!! I Love Happy times!!

Than & Lina said...

So neat!

Kellee said...

Such great news! You'll have to tell me more next month when we see you. :)

Randi said...

What a great blessing, Cami! I can't imagine how thrilled you all must be.

Hillary said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY That is so awesome!!! I am so happy for Houston and for Becky I hope things continue to look up for both of them!

Sarah said...

happy news!!! yay!!!

the Smiths said...

Houston York? we went to school together...thats awesome

Clarissa Explains said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alicia said...

That is so awesome! I'm so happy for you and your whole family!