1/19/2011

Extra Extra... Read all about it!

Well, I promised myself I wouldn't post anything for awhile and it has been a few weeks and I just can't contain my excitement....

Geoff and I are going to start the adoption process!!!

We are in the process of getting our paperwork together... We have decided to go through LDS family services and it takes a couple months to get all the screening done and be approved then we will be put on the actual waiting list. I couldn't feel more at peace with this decision. I understand it could be a long time before we ever get a child... but I know somehow, someday... it WILL happen.

Just wanted to share this happy news with everyone. I will be sure to keep everyone posted about the progress of it all (:

13 comments:

Angela S said...

That is fantastic! What agency are you using? If you decided to go through DFPS and do orphans Arrow there in Houston is wonderful. Good luck!!!!

Anonymous said...

This makes me smile! Been thinking a lot about you and keep you two in my prayers! Such exciting news and I know you will be blessed with the perfect child that needs wonderful parents!!

Randi said...

Yay! Congrats!
Love you.

Anonymous said...

This is so exciting! Congrats!!
~Caitlin

Anonymous said...

This is so exciting! Congrats!!
~Caitlin

Chelle said...

Congrats, Cami. That's really exciting!

Mindy said...

Broken promises of this nature {ie: that entertain me} are always welcomed. :) I love this idea. I love it.

Cassie said...

That is awesome! I hope things go as quickly as possible for you.

Lindsay said...

So, so exciting! There is a VERY lucky child somewhere:)

Sarah said...

i am so excited for you guys! three couples i love adopted this year and it has been wonderful for them. i know it will be for you too! good vibes from utah coming your way. :)

Kristin said...

You guys are going to be the best parents ever! I am super excited for you, Cami! In the meantime, I am going to keep inviting you to come and hang out with us in California! When you have a free week or weekend or this summer or whenever! I really want to hang out with you!! Love ya!

Annalise said...

So excited for you guys! Wishing you all the best, and hoping that the process goes smoothly!

The Huffs said...

That is so exciting. I watched my best friend go the adoption process and I saw Heavenly Fathers hand in it all. I know it will be the same for you guys! Keep us updated.