4/08/2010

No blog, No facebook

After my monthly melt-down for obvious reasons (yes, I am a freak... at least I can admit it!) geoff and i had a long talk about some things that are getting to me. i guess i am constantly comparing myself to others after being on facebook and reading blogs... i am constantly thinking about how i am now 26 with no kids and how behind i feel because all i see is what others are doing and how many kids they have and how big their house is and yada yada. these little things add up and are really damaging to my way of thinking and my spirituality.

so being as clever as he is, he suggested i take a break from facebook and blogging to see if it helps improve with how i feel about life and so i am going to take his challenge so for at least 2 weeks i am going to take a little bit of a break from the internet world and just focus on me and my relationship with my father in heaven. i think i will enjoy the break from all the stuff that distracts me from real life but that doesn't mean i want to lose touch with everyone, so please feel free to email me at camibrown84@gmail.com

Also, if you need a good pick me up, check out my cousin Sarah's blog on self esteem and true beauty. it always makes me feel better after reading her posts. Hope all is well with all of you and life is treating you kindly. (:

4 comments:

Kellee said...

Isn't it funny how we compare ourselves to each other? I'm guilty of the same thing and a lot of the same things that you mentioned. BUT, I hope you know that you are one person whom I highly admire and think the world of. Wish you lived closer! But am happy you're with your family and in a joy you love.

Nicole and Andy said...

Great idea. Blogs and facebook can be so distracting, and it feels good to not be 'hooked' all the time! You rock.

Sarah said...

that is a good idea!

and thanks for the compliment. it makes me feel good. :)

Mindy said...

Cami, Cami, Cami ... You can still read my blog. It will make you feel WAY better. 28. Still single. No prospects in sight. You are waaaaaaay ahead of me in the game of life! :) And I salute you for it! :)