1/25/2010

Heaven sent

Some of you may know that some recent and very sad and tragic events have occurred within my immediate family. So lately, I have been in a very sulky and glass half empty kind of mood. Last night, my very wise father suggested we watch the movie "Emma Smith- My story". Well, it basically kicked me right where I needed to be kicked. Emma Smith is my new hero. She lost like 6 or 7 of her own children, many of them small infants, watched her husband get tarred and feathered, homes burnt down, and many many other terrible things that most of us knew about growing up... but after seeing it portrayed in this movie, it really woke me up that if she can go through all those trials and stay positive and faithful, than so can I. Even when the storm is raging-- and this week it really has been--- THAT is when we need to turn to our Father in Heaven the most and let the Savior lift our burdens. I am so grateful that I was able to watch this inspired film, it was JUST what I needed. I am thankful for people like Emma Smith, who gave all they had, so that I can know what I know. I can't wait to someday thank her for her wonderful example of faith and enduring to the end.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh Cami. You are in my prayers. I am glad you are near family and can watch a wonderful movie like that with your dad. I love you!

Kari said...

Cami, I have been thinking of you and your family and I want to thank you for being such an example of strength to me and I'm sure to many of those around you. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Emma Smith was such an amazing woman of faith and strength and it really puts things into perspective when you think of all she went through! You and your family are in my prayers! Much Love!

Than & Lina said...

You are always so good and so quick to see the brighter side or put things in perspective. What a great example!

Jancisco said...

that is an amazing story of an amazing lady. We don't have anything to complain about in comparison, do we?

I meant to leave you a post that if you want to cheer up, maybe a trip down to South Padre is the best thing :) We know where you can stay!

Hillary said...

I didn't know your family was going through something tragic, I'm a bad SIL! Hope everything is ok and we will keep you in our prayers!

Alicia said...

I didn't know there was anything wrong either but I am so sorry for whatever it is. You really are a good example and I hope everything turns out ok!

Nathan Wheeler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.