3/17/2009

Spring Break: Houston 2009

We are back in Utah now, sadly (no offense to any Utahns... it just doesn't quite compare to Texas, haha). We had a wonderful, WONDERFUL time. We spent so much time with friends and family and did SO much in the city... we never had a spare moment! Here are a few photos of our adventures this past week.
Us on the plane- Can you tell we are SO excited to be in Houston??


My sweet niece Abbi at the Park. I love this girl!!

Geoff and I took Abbi almost everywhere we went. If we can't be parents just yet- we will be the best aunt and uncle around.


Me and my two favorite girls. Abbi (my niece) and my best friend Sheree's little girl Ally Camille (yes, she is named after me which is why i love her so much haha )

Abbi's 3rd birthday party. Blowing out the candles




Is that not the CUTEST cake you have ever seen??

We went to the Houston Rodeo with my best friend Sheree and her husband Shaun. We had such a great time... It was AMAZING! We saw Clint Black there.


Me and Sheree- best friends since 6th grade.


Shaun & Geoff... Matching haha

Geoff eating a bbq turkey leg at the Rodeo. SO dang good. We also tried some fried alligtor which was really good, surprisingly!



Geoff's 27th bday. Abbi helping him blow out all those candles!


For his bday we went out for some really yummy Texas bbq at Pappa's bbq.


My whole family except for my brothers. Brett was in utah still and Ty has to work late


Us at the Kemah boardwalk- it was a GORGEOUS day. We rode rides and ate good food.



Just some fun pics of Abbi. Yes, I know. She is the CUTEST thing ever.


We went to the Museum District in Houston and spent a good chunk of time in the Natural history museum.

One of the most unique things we did during our trip was go to Mission control at NASA during the shuttle launch this sunday. My older brother works as a district manager for a congressman in Houston who is closely connected with NASA so we got a special VIP pass to go see the launch. Lets just say Geoff was in "nerd heaven".

All in all, it was such a great trip. We had so much fun and I really dreaded coming back to Logan. Thank goodness it has warmed up since we left (it snowed 2 feet the day we flew to Houston). I am so excited to move back to Houston. There is just so much diversity there that I have really missed. Anyway, it will be good to get back to a routine and to not be so tempted to spend so much money like I did over Spring Break!!

10 comments:

Nicole and Andy said...

What a blast Cami! When are you moving back to TX?

Annalise said...

Looks like so much fun! I miss Houston so much, and you did so many of the things I want to go back and do. I can't believe it's been 9 years since I was there last.

But Utah really isn't that bad, haha. You should come down and visit us in SLC it's not so cold down here! :)

Sarah said...

i am so glad you had a good time. it looks like fun. i have never been to houston, or any part of texas.

zacandbritt.blogspot.com said...

What a fun spring break!!! Looks like you were plenty busy!

Kristin said...

Oh how fun Cami! I love Houston too!! Looks like you guys had a great trip!

Kari said...

Just so you know that was actually me that left the last message under Kristin's name b/c I am using her computer. Anyways, I love all the fun things you did and that little Abbi is a cutie pie!! Glad you guys had a fun spring break!

Alicia said...

Looks like so much fun! Glad you had a blast. Geoff isn't from Texas is he? He just fell in love with it after he married you right? =) I remember when I was still there you were always talking about Michigan. I guess Texas has permanently sucked you in! haha. Texas is a fun place. You and Sheree both look beautiful!

Wendy said...

Looks like such a fun trip! Mission control at NASA would have been amazing!

Sarah said...

Would you expect anything different from Texas? I would love to move back if I could.
-Sarah (Sampson) Lewis

Than & Lina said...

Yea for you!