1/26/2009

30 lbs down, 20 to go!


I am now down 30 lbs! It hasn't been easy and I have had my moments of disappointment but MAN it feels good to step on the scale and see results! So, I started to really work at this beginning in August and started the body for life style of eating and kind of adapted it to my needs. I have had a lot of interest in what exactly I have done to lose these 30 lbs. So I thought I would share with you all what has been working for me. Now, most of you know I used to be like 25o lbs about 5 years ago and lost about 65 after eating right and exercising- and the weight literally just FELL off of me-- It was AWESOME! Then I hit the dreaded plateau for like 3 years!! Talk about depressing! Even thoughI continued eating healthy and working out every day but Sunday-- nothing seemed to get the last 50 pounds off that I wanted to lose! Then this past August when I decided to try the body for life style of eating and working out I began to finally see results again!!

So here is an example menu of what I eat everyday:


Breakfast: 1 cup of Go Lean Crunch & 1/2 cup Skim milk and a 1/2 banana or an orange OR
1 packet of Quackers Weight control oatmeal & a glass of water


Lunch: 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese mixed with Light yogurt. Carrot sticks, a piece of fruit (usually an apple) and LIGHT string cheese.


Snack: A small handful of mixed nuts or a Special K bar


And for dinner, I usually eat Grilled chicken with steamed vegetables.


I treat myself once in awhile with a ice-cold refreshing DIET COKE (my favorite thing in the world.) This gives me something sweet without the dreaded calories!Exercise: As far as working out goes here is what I usually aim for. I try to Run at LEAST 25 miles each week and then lift weights 2-3 times a week. Occasionally I will put in my husbands P90X dvds (a REALLY amazing tough workout).I hope this will help anyone else out there that is trying to lose weight. You just have to find what works for you and STICK WITH IT!! I sometimes get SO mad when I get on the scale & I haven't lost an ounce for a week! But I promise if you stick to a healthy diet and exercise, you will eventually see results! It's not about dieting-- It's about a healthy lifestyle and making smart choices!

12 comments:

Sarah said...

go you!!! i think it's awesome that you've found what works for you. it's so true about just looking at it as a way of life. that's the only way you can stick to it.

Sundee said...

Way to go!! Thanks for the suggestions! I exercise a lot, but the eating is what is hard for me.

Anonymous said...

Good Job! Chris and I started P90X and we LOVE it! You're right though.. it's tough! We are on our second week and we both feel as if we've already been slimming down and toning up! Good work though on loosing so much! Hopefully I'll be writing a blog like your soon! :)

Annalise said...

Wow, that is extremely impressive. Good for you!!! I don't know if I could follow that strict of a diet for every meal of every day, though. Especially when I'm baking sweets all the time. Hmmm. You are inspiring though and I really want to lose 5 pounds. Maybe I'll give it a shot!

JaelandSteveThompson.blogspot.com said...

Way to Go GIRL! Its a big accomplishment, and like you said its all about lifestyle. Working smart not hard! I'm so glad there's books like Dr. Oz that explain that its all about training your body and mind and making it a changes. GOOD FOR YOU! I hope to soon post (like in two months) that I officially hit my goal of shedding of 35-40lbs! I can't wait, it will make running 5 k's this summer 10 times easier b/c it will motivate me to stay active.

Lindsay said...

You have inspired me. I started doing the body for life a couple weeks ago, and I'm already down 4 lbs. It is awesome to see results on the scale, and it's nice to feel like I'm taking care of my body. Thanks for being an AMAZING example!

Jancisco said...

You are such a great motivator! Health and wellness aren't accidents, are they.

Mindy said...

That diet makes me want to cry. :( The running and weight lifting part = stellar. :)

Ash and Joe said...

way to go and great advise!!!

Kristin said...

You are so amazing! That takes a tremendous amount of dedication and discipline to do what you have done and are doing. You have worked so hard and have earned every bit of the results you are seeing! WOW! I am so very impressed! Kari and I are finally working out again and it feels so good!! Thanks for that post. I really look up to you in so many ways,Cami!!

Kari said...

Cami you're awesome!! I wish I had as much drive and dedication as you! I gotta get all this baby leftovers off and it's not going so well. I guess you gotta start somewhere and Kristin and I are working at it. Hopefully I'll start to see some results soon. Anyways, just wanted you to know I think you're great!! Keep up the good work!

Kacie said...

Cami, you look freaking amazing. I'm so proud of you, oh and thanks for the tips on what you eat during the day, I always like hearing what healthy people eat, so that hopefully someday I will be the same. You better call me when you come to H-town. I'm getting lonely down here.