11/06/2011

Letters to Payton: Month 3

Dear Payton,

It has seemed you turned into a real boy this last month. It is as if all of the sudden, your body and brain just clicked and everything has changed. You seem even more like a real person now that you have more control over your little body.
We made a big discovery this month. On a whim, we found out that you loved this small little monkey "tiddlie-wink" snuggler. You were sort of fussing one day and I put it in your arms and immediately you squeezed it and stopped crying. You have been hooked ever since and we went and purchased about 3 more of those little snugglers just in case! They have become a real life saver. Plus, you look so darned cute with your arms wrapped around it. Everyone comments about how they have never seen someone so young so attached to something like that. Apparently, you are way ahead of your time.
You have become very wide-eyed this month and show such interest whenever there is a change in your scenery with your eye expressions. You have these amazing, giant blue eyes that literally melt the hearts of women already. I think we may be in trouble in the future because of that, but for now we love it!

We have also discovered how much you love to be read to. We try and make sure to read to you before bed-time and it is adorable watching you look at the pages of the book and smile. Your Dad has already taught you so much about science. His hopes is that you will be the only kids in kindergarten that knows all of the constellations. We will see...


You got your first real cold this month. You would hardly guess you were sick. You would have these coughing spells and then when you are done, let out this little sigh and then smile at me. I can already tell you are a patient little person and a go-with-the-flow type of guy.


We heard your first REAL laugh the other day and I am quite sure it was the sweetest sound I have ever heard. I am pretty sure you have figured out already that your Dad is the fun one. I thought I had at least a few more months. You always have tons of smiles for him when he gets home from work. You are still such a cheerful baby and smile a ton for everyone, especially in the mornings.


These 3 months have just flown by. I see a newborn baby and can't believe you were ever that small. You have almost doubled your birth weight and you are becoming quite the little chunk! I am thrilled you are growing and developing like a champ. We still pinch ourselves that this is all real. Quite often I look down at you while you are eating, and my eyes well up with tears because of how much I love you. It is so true that a mother's love is one of the most powerful things in this world. I would do anything for you. You are the loves of our life and just so so happy you are ours. 

Love, 

Mom


1 comments:

Sarah said...

he's such a cutie!!! i'm still SO happy for you. (and p.s. i'm wondering what kind of camera you guys have. we're on the market for one. input on my blog please... :D)