4/02/2011

Year 27

Yesterday was my birthday. It was a wonderful day and I feel completely and utterly spoiled. I have amazing friends & family and a husband who just does everything he can to make me happy.

I started my day on the treadmill, just like any other day, and as I was running I had to put my age as 27-- and at first, it made me sad, because I honestly thought at this age that instead of getting up at 5am for work outs at the gym, I would be getting up for 5am feedings with a baby, or some other children related matter. I quickly pushed that aside when I was attacked my one of my wonderful friends Laura that jumped on me after my work out (lucky her to get a sweaty hug from me!) I needed that. Through that hug, I felt loved and cared for.

I really feel like the year 27 is going to be a monumental year for me. I don't know exactly what it will entail, hopefully becoming a mother through adoption, but whatever happens, I know that it is all in the Lord's hands now.

I spent the rest of my day being sung to by my 5th and 6th grade students and my good friend at work bought me lunch. Later that night we went to a sushi bar (my favorite) with the three couples we consider some of our best friends and it was just the perfect ending to a perfect day. I am blessed. Bring on 27!!

3 comments:

Kellee said...

Happy Birthday Cami! I hope year 27 is a fabulous one full of blessings and joy. Love you!
kel

Randi said...

Happy birthday CAmi! Glad it was fun. You are beautiful! Miss you!

Emma said...

Happy Birthday! I was thinking about you on Friday. I am glad it was a fabulous day.