6/22/2010

Insanity!!!


I am now on week three, day 16 of this crazy, amazing and insane (hence the name) workout program "INSANITY!".

I have done P90X and thought nothing could get tougher than that. Even running a half marathon does not compare to p90x. So when the women at my school I work at told me about "insanity" I thought it would be a cake walk.

Was I ever wrong.

The first day I did the workout, it looked like I had jumped in a swimming pool with my clothes on. And I walked like a duck because of sore muscles for about 3-4 days, even with taking protein supplements.

I am now on week 3. Do I still sweat like crazy? YES!! I haven't missed a day yet in this program (Except sundays, which you are supposed to take off anyways) and I can already tell a difference in my body. My muscles are tighter and I am getting stronger and my endurance is pretty awesome. It is a 60 day program and I plan on doing it a couple times through.

It's interval training-- has 13 dvds and they tell you which workouts to do on which days to maximize your results. Usually it starts off with what they call a "warm-up" which is usually about 12-13 minutes of pure hell, followed by a few minutes of crazy stretching, followed by the actual work out where my heart rate gets up to 190 for about 4 minutes, take a 30 second water break only to start another 4-5 min. interval training... this goes on for about another 20-25 minutes before a 3 minute cool down and stretching.

I am in L.O.V.E. with this program and highly recommend it. However, it is not something you should jump in and do-- you should have a pretty good work out routine going on prior to beginning this. I tell you what though, you will get hooked once you feel the endorphins kick in from such an incredible, totally exhausting work-out! There is a reason why it's called INSANITY-- its totally and complete Insane!

2 comments:

Spencer Family said...

Hey Cami,

I don't know if you remember me, we grew up together in Michigan--long time ago! My maiden name is Bishopp. Anyway, I found your blog through Tiffany's Be Well blog a few months ago.

I have not done Insanity but have heard tons of great things about it. I don't know if you follow The Fitnessista's blog but she does it and LOVES it. She is a personal trainer/group fitness instructor and posts a lot of great workouts and healthy recipes. Her blog address is http://www.fitnessista.com/
Enjoy!

- Alicia

Coach Renee said...

Hi Cami---

I am also on Day 16 of Insanity (well day 17 today) and actually this is my 2nd round of the program. I did P90X and then incorporated Insanity with it after that with a hybrid..that is a lot of fun. Lots of variety to keep me going. Pure cardio is probably my favorite now but when I started, I Hated it with a passion as I am sure you can imagine. LOL!

Keep up the great work and it is so worth the effort. All of the hardwork and SWEAT beads rolling off your face pays off in the end. I lost about 10lbs and 10 inches my first run! I am also blogging about my journey with Insanity and other programs via my website http://www.reneeschnuerle.com if you are interested. Keep up the GREAT work!